Global Medical Affairs Congress And Vendor Manager H/F
22 septembre 2017 CDI Boulogne-Billancourt - 92
Management : Non renseigné
Référence : CA/GMACAVM/B/2024783
Purpose of the position :
The GMA Congress and Vendor Manager must understand contractual and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure that contractual commitments are delivered. Also, responsible for vendor set-up and compliance. Implement global support work on key congresses.
Main responsibilities and tasks :
Strategic oversight of vendor management : Develop and lead the vendor management strategy, ensuring that vendors are delivering maximum value through their services.
- Identify and execute value opportunities with key strategic vendor relationships.
- Analyze problem areas and help resolve issues and disputes. Manage communication process with vendors.
- Ensures cross-functional collaboration with Purchasing and Legal Department.
- Mitigate, monitor and manage vendor risks - include financial viability, business continuity and corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Leads the selection of vendors, outlining vendor capabilities, qualifying and on-boarding, resourcing, and tracking performance.
- Maintains a focused continuous improvement culture by identifying and executing strategies and priorities to enable the Vendor Management team to deliver value and enhance overall operational effectiveness (e.g. by maximizing the value of relationships, seeking out consolidation opportunities, etc.).
- Actively remains current with industry standards, trends, and competitive intelligence on vendor management best practices.
- Support department head in management of annual budget and quarterly forecasting for cost center. Monitor expenditure of budgeted funds, when possible build in cost efficiencies and provide justification of variances. Monitor and approve service provider and independent contractor invoices.
Congress support : Implement global support work on key congresses :
- In coordination with International Congress Events function, plans and coordinates activities and materials initiated by medical functions and maintains oversight of all activities and materials needing medical review for each congress working cross-functionally with all stakeholders.
- Briefing booklet creation.
- Ensure faster turnaround for congress slide changes and reviews.
- Ensure delivery of all conventions in accordance with regulatory and client-defined compliance guidelines.
- Manage & coordinate stakeholder requirements with all 3rd party suppliers/internal service providers.
- Meetings and liaison with stakeholders to establish, maintain and develop relationships.
- Identify & manage preparation of supportive meeting planning materials for planning meetings.
- Effective interaction with other departments - e.g. IT, Finance, HR, Travel.
External Speaker/Ad Board participation agreements : Management of participation agreements :
- Manage consultancy agreements with external speakers and consultants.
- Manages transparency reporting for GMA activities and liaises with affiliates for cross-border transparency activities.
Experience / Qualifications :
This is a role that requires full understanding of business processes.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Strategic Vendor Relationship/Performance Management.
- 2 or more years of experience in project/asset management, procurement and vendor relations in a pharma/biotech environment are desirable.
- Applies emerging knowledge and trends ; builds strong relationships ; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area.
- Languages : English, French, (excellent oral & written) recommended. Others an advantage.
- International exposure or multi-cultural working environment.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- Enjoys/success in team work.
Technical Competencies :
- Solid understanding of contracts, risk aversion for medical affairs and metrics.
- Strong communications skills.
- Explanation, meetings, negotiation. Demonstrates proactivity and meeting planning expertise. Is able to work in a stressful timed environment and travel as needed to manage events.
- Relationship management skills including management skills applied to outsourcing and stakeholder alignment (internal and external).
- Project/program management skills – results driven.
Specifics of the position : The position is a global support role and frequent travel will BE required.
Internal and external contacts (organisation) : Cross-functional team members, external providers.
Rémunération : Non précisé.
Soyez l'un des 10 premiers candidats.